Been using IPhone 3G for two and a half week, I keep getting same question from my colleague and my friends.The question is "How is it?"
So here are pluses and minuses of out of the box IPhone 3G.
Pluses:+ Excellent sound quality
Its far better than IPod Nano
Not so much noise
Crisp, clear and detail sound
Good range from high to low frequency
+ Excellent LCD screen and graphics quality
Images looks sharp with good color contrast
+ WIFI detection is very responsive. IPhone switch quickly to WIFI when available
Its far better compare to my HP IPAQ rw 6828
+ Quick access to email, internet, shares, Youtube without turning on your machine
Lying down on the bed while watching Youtube, browsing the internet, checking stocks and reading news
+ GPS reroute is quite smart, when you pass an intersection where you suppose to turn, you could reroute from your current location
+ Find Pizza shops around you and quickly get their website, numbers, and address or get the phone to show you the direction to there
+ All in one gadget
- BIG ONE - No copy and paste (highlight cut, copy, paste)
- Another big weakness of IPhone is appointments aren’t display on home page, which mean we would need to launch calendar application before seeing our appointments / events.
Have been using PDA for years, I think this is IPhone’s biggest weakness, unable to highlight text and do cut or copy or paste.
It means that I would still need pen and paper when I’d like to text a contact’s number, and etc.
- No continuous alert for appointments.
Compare to Windows mobile which display upcoming appointments for the day and or next week (depend on the settings) on its “Today” screen which is the same as IPhone’s main screen.
- Loading contact list takes around 5 secs, which quite a long waiting time when I’m in hurry to give a contact number. There are about 220 contacts on the list.
In Windows Mobile I am able to set continous alert, which mean the alert will continuously sound or vibrate until I turn it off. But I don’t have that choice in IPhone, maximum alert is two alerts.
- GPS requires Internet connection for downloading maps.
- No MMS
- No Video recording
UPDATED: IPhone 3G Review and Features