Wednesday, July 06, 2005

VS 2005 Beta 2 VS 2003 Side by Side = Stable !

I have started developing an ASP.NET 2.0 application for about a month. Surprisingly, the beta 2 has turn out to be very stable, apart from a small thing that I got to get used to. Like, when I double clicking on the vb.file to bring up the code on the solution explorer, or saving all files using ctrl-shift-s, sometimes it crashes. So, to get around this problem I click on the view code or saving a single file instead. The compilation time is quite fast, even though the code editor and debugger still seems a bit slow.
Just as info, I have been running it side by side with VS 2003 and a local SQL 2000 instance, and everything go smooth... I got a few crashes each day, about 5 to 10 times on the average, which I think is not bad at all. Overall it’s worth to start developing in ASP.NET 2.0.

No comments: